Pedia Greek School Ltd ABN 96164838064 (the school) is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information. The school is required by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) to comply with the National Privacy Principles (NPP), subject to the other provisions of the Privacy Act. The NPPs regulate the way personal information is handled throughout its life cycle, from collection to use and disclosure, storage, accessibility and disposal.
To the extent required by the Privacy Act:
- The school will not collect personal information unless that information is necessary for one or more of our functions or activities
- The school will collect personal information only by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive manner
To the extent required by the Privacy Act, the school will take reasonable steps to:
- make sure that the personal information that we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date
- protect the personal information that we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure
- destroy or permanently de-identify personal information that is no longer needed for any purpose that is permitted by the Privacy Act
The school collects personal information for a range of purposes, including to:
- process applications for membership and membership renewals
- manage the membership lifecycle
- record and maintain membership details and profile information
- coordinate payment of fees to The school
- provide teachers with adequate information for them to plan their classes
- communicate information about the school to members, for example term schedule and news letters
- notify members about school events
The school may contact parents/guardians in a variety of ways, including by post, email, SMS or telephone call. In performing our functions and activities, we may need to disclose personal information to third parties. Third parties with whom the school may share personal information include, where appropriate:
- government and regulatory bodies such as the Ethnic Schools Association of Victoria (ESAV) and Department of Education and Training for funding purposes
- financial institutions for payment processing.
Parents/guardians should contact the school if they have any queries about the personal information that the school holds about them or the way it handles that personal information.